What is High-performance?
Just like super-cars, ‘high-performance’ windows and doors contain high specification components, assembled in a specific process, to create a quality product that will out perform it’s counterparts.
There are 5 key areas that make a window or door high-performance.
Timber - Accoya®
- Swelling and shrinkage reduced by 75% or more
- Doors and windows open effortlessly year round
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Lasting 50 years above ground, 25 years in ground/freshwater Class 1 durability, surpassing even teak
- Virtually rot proof
- 70-year minimum service life stated by TRADA
Ideal for coating
- Improved stability means coatings last up to two times longer
- Easier to coat, less preparation and sanding required
Glazing - Planitherm One
The best insulation for a double-glazed unit in the world
- With a U-value of 1.0W/m2.K)
- Comply with the requirements of the class C of the standard EN1096 and is CE Marked.
- Environmentally friendly thanks to the CO2 emission reduction
- Noise reduction
Coating - Teknos
Europe’s leading suppliers of joinery coatings
- Maintenance times are reduced
- Water-based paints containing no heavy metals
- A higher proportion of solids gives better coverage reducing the number of coats
- Paint is applied in rebates and end grain sealer applied
Ironmongery - Coastal and SDH
Secured by design and/or neighbourhood watch certified
- Multi-point locking systems
- 3* Cylinder locks
- Window restrictors and locks
Construction - Technical Process
A key component is the composition
- Specialist cutters/machinery creating sophisticated profiles
- Specific assembly method
- Dependable connections
- Quality weather seals
High-performance products meet the criteria for Part Q building regulations 2010.
Our high-performance products hold supplier guarantees.
All products manufactured by Powell Joinery are bespoke, therefore we can manufacture to meet your specification, from softwood or unfinished timber. We apply the same attention to detail and quality craftsmanship to all our products.